Because each case is different, everyone might have different family law questions which they need answers for. In this blog post, we will provide a list of all relevant links, and answers for frequently asked family law questions.
Before we go over to the section of family law questions, let us consider the different types of mattes that fall under ‘family law’. It primarily includes divorce and separation, and all matters related to this like property settlement, child custody, child support, spousal support and binding financial agreements.
Family law is a wide field of law consisting of many different matters. Let’s explore some frequently asked family law questions.
Family Law Questions On Divorce And Separation
- How to apply for a divorce?
- What are first steps to divorce?
- What is the cost of a divorce in Australia?
- How to divorce in Australia?
- What is the divorce application process?
- What is a binding financial agreement?
- How much does a prenuptial agreement cost?
- How are assets divided in divorce?
- Who gets what in a divorce in Australia?
- How long does divorce take?
- Do I need a family attorney for divorce?
- De facto relationship break up
- What is Form 13?
- What is a minute of consent orders?
- What is spousal support?
- Spousal maintenance in Australia
- High net worth divorce cases
- De facto rights
- De facto laws in NSW
- De facto relationship and property
- How to change name after divorce?
- Can I divorce my parents? Emancipation in Australia
- Does spousal maintenance affect Centrelink benefits?
On Children-Related Matters (Child Support and Child Custody)
- What are child support payments?
- What is child support used for?
- What is child support age
- When do you stop paying child support?
- Child support application
- Child visitation rights
- What are fathers rights in divorce cases?
- What are fathers rights in NSW?
- What is sole custody NSW?
- What is a primary carer?
- Shared custody
- Joint custody arrangements
- Separated fathers rights
- Grandparents rights Victoria
- Parental child abduction
- Parental alienation
- Primary carer rights
- Shared custody arrangements
- Why are my rights as a father?
- What are grandparents rights in Australia?
- Fathers rights in divorce cases
- Court ordered paternity test
- Child custody agreement
- What are custody rights in Western Australia?
- What are grandparents legal rights?
- What is step parent adoption?
- Applying for sole parental responsibility – what’s the process?
- Does child support cover extracurricular activities?
On Domestic Violence
- What constitutes domestic violence in Australia?
- What is an ADVO?
- What is AVO?
- How to get an AVO on someone?
- How to get a DVO?
- How to get an AVO lifted?
- How to get an AVO revoked?
General Family Law Questions
- How can Sydney family lawyers help?
- What does a family law solicitor help with?
- What is a court ordered drug test?
- What are best interests of the child?
- What is sole parental responsibility?
- Drug testing in the Family Court of Australia
- Initiation application family law
- Breach of a court order in family law
- How to stop a recovery order?
- Can a mother withhold child from father?
- De facto relationship length of time Australia
- Divorce entitlements after adultery
- What can property settlement lawyer do?
Why You Should Seek Legal Advice From Family Law Specialists
This article has listed out most of the important family law questions that are generally asked by people. To read more about family law, click here to visit the blog section of our website. Our blog consists of a variety of different topics. In case you have questions on Wills and estate planning, or property law, our blog page is a good place to start with.
Family law is a complex area of law with different cases dealing with different situations and circumstances. Although the processes around applications for divorce, or consent orders, or child/spousal support are the same, it is not necessary that the details of each case will be the same. \
This is where family solicitors come into the picture. Family lawyers are equipped with understanding the unique situation of each case and providing advice which is not generic, but rather tailored to suit the clients’ specific needs. At JB Solicitors, this is our key area of expertise.
Because of the wealth of experience our family lawyers have, they are aware of applying their legal knowledge into every practical situation, and ensuring that the clients receive the best possible outcomes.
We have fixed-fee pricing for our family law service which allows you to have clear sense of the legal costs right from the start. We value transparency, and understand how important this is for our clients.
We have award-winning mediators and expert family dispute resolution lawyers who can help you resolve all ongoing conflicts with your former spouse, be it on matters regarding child custody, or property settlement.
If you have more queries, contact our friendly and compassionate team of solicitors today.