In this article, we cover the Australia visa cost calculator for 2023-24. Every year, the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) updates the fees for Australia visas. We will cover the Australia visa cost calculator for 2023-24 for some popular visas.
Note that visa costs does not only involve primary applicant visa application costs. It also involves costs for health tests, character tests and English language tests wherever required. Moreover, for some visa categories, applicants have an obligation to maintain ongoing health insurance as well.
Depending on the health insurance cover, there can be additional costs. Sometimes, the primary applicant applies with additional applicants for general skilled migration visa stream. The application fee may include additional fees for additional applicants.
According to the Federal Budget of 2023-24, there is an increase between 6% to 40% on visa subclass base application charges depending on the type of visa subclass.
The list below summarises some of the increased visa application charges:
- Business, Innovation and Investment Visas (40% increase)
- Other visas (6% increase)
- Visitor, training and temporary visas (15% increase)
In the Section below, we go through some other factors that also influence Australia visa cost calculator for 2023-24.
Factors to Consider for Australia Visa Cost Calculator
As we have mentioned above, when discussing Australian visa cost calculator for 2023-24, you have to take into consideration costs apart from visa application charges. Please consider costs for:
- Mandatory medical and health checks;
- Character requirements (includes obtaining police clearance certificates);
- English language tests (such as PTE, IELTS etc.);
- Medical insurance costs (such as BUPA or Medibank etc.);
- Skill assessment costs;
- Additional language tests for some visas (Such as NAATI test)
Depending on the type of visa application, there can be different costs involved. For example, skill assessments are mandatory when making applications for skilled visas. This includes Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa and Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa among others. On the other hand the NAATI language assessment is a way to increase points in order to obtain permanent residency visas.
How to Use Australia Visa Cost Calculator?
Step 1: Choose Visa Subclass
Naturally, the first step for calculating visa costs is to know which visa you will be making an application for. Once you know which visa you are applying for, you should check the DHA website to find the updated fee for application. For example, visa application charge for Subclass 500 (Student Visa) is 710 Australian dollars (as of July 2023).
Step 2: Check Eligibility Criteria and Visa Requirements
As previously mentioned, different visas have different requirements that applicants must meet. For example, the skilled visas require skill assessments. Australia has different skill assessment bodies. Depending on your specific occupation, you have to find the suitable assessment body.
For instance, VETASSESS does skill occupation assessments for occupations such as Management Consultants, Statisticians, Copywriters etc. On the other hand, the Australian Computer Scientists conduct assessments for some occupations, and Engineers Australia does so for some other occupations.
Summary of All Visa Requirements for Australia Visa Cost Calculator
As mentioned above, when applying for a visa you also must check other requirements that need to be fulfilled. Here are the key points to consider when submitting your visa application:
- Online Application: All visa applications for Australia are typically submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs website. Create an ImmiAccount to initiate the application process.
- Passport: Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in Australia. You will need to provide a scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport during the application process.
- Personal Information: Fill in your personal details accurately, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, and residential address.
- Purpose of Visit: Clearly state the purpose of your visit to Australia and provide supporting documents related to your intended activities, such as travel itineraries, employment letters, or enrolment confirmation from educational institutions.
- Financial Capacity: Demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Australia. This may require bank statements, employment contracts, or sponsorship letters.
- Health and Character Requirements: You may need to undergo a medical examination and obtain health insurance depending on the duration and purpose of your stay. Additionally, provide police clearance certificates from all countries you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years.
- English Language Proficiency: Depending on the visa category, you may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. This can be achieved through English language test scores, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Biometrics and Visa Fees: Depending on your nationality, you may be required to provide biometric data (fingerprints and a photograph) at a designated application center. Additionally, pay the relevant visa application fees, which vary depending on the visa category and duration.
It’s important to thoroughly review the specific requirements for the visa category you are applying for, as they may vary. Consulting the official Department of Home Affairs website or seeking professional assistance can ensure that your application meets all the necessary criteria for a successful visa outcome.
Seek Advice from Migration Lawyers
We have explored that the Australia visa cost calculator will differ depending on the visa type. For more information on Australia visa cost calculator, we recommend you to speak with our solicitors.
Our lawyers have the experiencing of making visa applications, appealing decisions, and providing tailored legal advice to clients.
Contact our team today.