Work visa lawyers are legal experts who specialise in immigration law and can help you with the legal procedure of securing a work visa. They can help you navigate the intricate immigration rules and policies of the country you want to work in.
Obtaining a work visa can be complex and overwhelming. This is especially so if you are unaware about the immigration laws of the country you want to work in. Because of this, it is imperative to utilise the services of work visa lawyers who have the knowledge, experience, and reputation necessary to offer you the highest possible level of guidance.
In 2019-2020, migrants held 26.3% of Australian jobs, that is, 5.3 million positions worked by 3.6 million migrants, based on the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) data. Moreover, administrative and support services, health care, accommodation, and food services employed the most migrants.
Types of Work Visas in Australia
If you have the talents and competencies necessary to make a positive contribution to Australia’s economy and workforce, you should consider applying for an Australian work visa so that you can immigrate to Australia. Because of this, candidates are strongly encouraged to get sponsorship from an employer or to secure the nomination in order to be eligible for these visas.
If you are keen to obtain a work visa in Australia, there are several options available. The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa allows skilled workers to work in Australia for up to four years. Other options include Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visas. These include permanent employer-sponsored visas for overseas workers. The Global Talent Visa is also another option for highly-skilled professionals who wish to move to Australia. Click here to read our article about the Global Talent Visa.
Visit the Department of Home Affairs‘ official website for further details and migration advice if you’re curious to learn more about work visas in Australia.
Services That a Work Visa Lawyer Can Provide
- Advice on the types of work visas or business visas available and which one is best for your situation: A work visa lawyer can advise you on the types of work visas available in the country you want to work in and help you choose the right one that suits your needs. Additionally, they can explain the prerequisites and the application process for each type of visa.
- Assistance with the preparation and filing of work visa applications: A work visa lawyer can help you ensure that all the required documents are in order and submitted on time. They can also check your application to make sure it complies with all applicable laws.
- Guidance on meeting the requirements for obtaining a work visa: Work visa lawyers can advise you on the necessary qualifications and skills, experience, and other criteria that you need to fulfil to get a work visa.
- Representation in negotiations with immigration authorities: Work visa lawyers can represent you in conversations with immigration authorities if there are any problems or conflicts with your work visa application. They can defend your rights and interests and assist you in finding solutions to any problems or disagreements in your Australian migration matters
- Assistance with appeals of denied work visa applications: In case your work visa application is denied, a work visa lawyer can help you appeal the decision and provide you with legal representation in court to fight for your case.
- Advice on maintaining legal status while working in the foreign country: Work visa lawyers can provide migration advice on maintaining legal status while working in a foreign country. They can assist you in staying out of trouble with the law by informing you of your rights and obligations as a foreign worker.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Work Visa Lawyer
To ensure that your application for a work visa goes smoothly and successfully, you must select the best work visa attorney. Work visa lawyers must be chosen based on the following factors:
- Experience: Look for a lawyer who has experience in handling work visa cases in the specific country you want to work in. Unlike registered migration agents, lawyers are familiar with the latest and current migration laws and regulations and have experience in handling similar cases.
- Reputation: Check the lawyer’s reputation by reading online reviews, asking for references, and checking their track record. You can also get endorsements from friends or coworkers who have already used their services.
- Communication: Ensure that the lawyer communicates effectively and regularly with you throughout the process. They should keep you updated on the progress of your application and promptly respond to any queries or concerns you may have.
- Fees: Discuss the costs upfront and ensure that you understand the fee structure and the services included. A good work visa lawyer should be transparent about their fees and charges and provide you with a clear breakdown of the costs involved.
Work visa lawyers can assist individuals, families, and businesses to navigate the numerous and often complex immigration paths that those who wish to live, work or study in Australia must follow. Because a person’s immigration status may have an effect on other legal issues including family law, criminal law, business law, and tax law, attorneys who practise in those fields must also be knowledgeable about immigration law.
JB Solicitors’ Competent Work Visa Lawyers
Obtaining a work visa can be a challenging and time-consuming process. However, hiring a work visa lawyer can make the process more manageable and increase your chances of success. Ensure that you choose a legal representative who possesses the necessary expertise, experience, and reputation to provide you with the best possible service.
With the right work visa attorney by your side, you can achieve your dream of working in a foreign country and building a successful career. Hiring Australian work visa lawyers can give you peace of mind, assurance, legal expertise, and better chances of getting a work visa. You can get more information about the Migration Act here.